Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Time to Blog more ...

Since my Social Media class at Humber ended (last April ... wow a year ago already!) I have not given blogging another thought - other than I should do it more. I hate doing something because I am told to do it, I would much rather do it for myself. Like when I was younger and I would have to read books for English class. I hated being told that I had a certain amount of time to read 5 chapters or I had to read/comprehend a book I had absolutely zero interest in. That is how I started feeling about blogging. Of course I wasn't going to enjoy it ... I was being told I had to do it!! Now that I think about it I love reading what other people have to say and I often find myself needing an outlet to share my thoughts (and my rants).

But I think my issue when it comes to blogging is that I make thinking about each new topic post a bigger issue than it is! I mean a blog is about anything, why do I have to sit and ponder what I want to write about. There are so many things going on in my life that I could share - the craziness that is the dance world, trying to work my way into the PR industry, being a twenty-something that really has no idea what will come next ... my list goes on! This is where my perfectionist thing is a problem. Why do my blog posts have to be the perfect idea or perfectly thought out?? I need to just not think about such things and just do.

Now that I somewhat have the time to do it ... I am going to force myself to blog! I am going to try to do what this blog was meant more - for me to share my unJADEd view about things that randomly pop into my life!! Here we go ...


... now just to think of a topic!!

Oops ... have to stop doing that!

No comments:

Post a Comment