Thursday, April 8, 2010

Empire State of Mind

Miranda : "Why do I think living in Manhattan is so fantastic?"
Carrie : "Because it is."
- Sex and the City

NEW YORK CITY.

I believe I was born to live there. There is nothing you can not do when you are in New York. The bright lights inspire me (yes I am quoting Jay-Z ... but he says it so perfectly) and there really is no other city that can compare. The lights, the sounds, the sights (but maybe not the smells) draw me in and there is no where I would rather be.

Spring in the city.

Since the weather was so beautiful (24°C and sunny) we took full advantage and rented a row boat in Central Park .

Even with the gorgeous weather (there were lots of people tanning in their bikinis) there were still patches of snow laying around the park.

We spent most of our time walking around the city - SHOPPING, eating, enjoying the sights and sounds and basically walking around loving life.


If you are planning a trip to NYC here are two places you NEED to go:


Pizza. A New York staple! If you are in the Soho area you have to go to Lombardi's - America's First Pizzeria since 1905. It is located at 32 Spring Street. The service was quick, friendly and the food was delicious. Take a look at their signature Margarita pizza ... delish.

Another NY favourite is Serendipity 3 - home to the famous Frrrozen Hot Chocolate. If you need somewhere to stop in for lunch or dessert this is a must! It has a cute atmosphere set by the Tiffany Lamps that hang from the ceiling and the boutique that sells just about everything when you walk in the front doors (I bought a cupcake necklace and a take home packet of the Frrrozen Hot Chocolate).

The one on the left is the original and the one on the right is mint flavor (had to have both!). Serendipity 3 is located at 225 E. 60th St. between 2nd and 3rd Ave. You may want to make reservations before you go because it gets very busy, or you could always flash a smile and they may try to squeeze you in ;).


Here are a few more pictures from the trip:

One of the LOVE signs in NYC.

66 Perry Street - Home to Carrie Bradshaw

Cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery in Soho

Outside the Tiffany & Co. store on Wall Street.

If you have the chance make sure to visit New York! I promise you will have a fabulous time! xo

1 comment:

  1. I am in a relationship with that city! I also can't wait to make my way there to live. All the places you mentioned to visit are def. musts - but I didn't really love magnolia's bakery that much. I found their buttercream icing lackluster.

    Maybe we'll both make it there!

    ReplyDelete